You may choose the most expensive and the best hair clipper but the fact is that the blade of even the best hair clipper may lose sharpness with time. In such a case, it is possible to sharpen the blade again as it is much more economical then purchase a new clipper. Here are some of the steps to sharpen the blade of your best hair clipper which you can see it here on website.
- The first step is to clean and unscrew the blade of the hair clipper. To do that, you may simply unscrew the blade and then wash the blade with regular tap water. After washing the blade, absorb the excess water with a dry cloth and leave the blade to dry for some time.
- Now to sharpen the blade, you may first fix the blade on a magnetic holder to achieve the desired stability and then you can run the blade on a coarse honing stone. These stones are also used for sharpening the knives and ensure that the honing or the sharpening stone is wet before you use it. The ideal specification of the stone is 4000 grits and always maintain an angle of 30 to 45 degrees while sharpening the blade.
- It should be noted that if your clipper has a ceramic blade then you should be using a diamond sharpening stone to sharpen the blade.
- Now, clean the blade of the hair clipper to remove the metal powder and then ensure that the blade of the clipper has been dried out before you proceed to the next step.
- In the final step, you can screw the blade back to the hair clipper and then oil the hair clipper with the clipper oil. Once you have reassembled the clipper, you may run the clipper for a couple of minutes to hone the blades further.
If you follow this process, you can save yourself from the cost of purchasing the new clipper. The cost of sharpening the hair clipper is nominal and it is always better to sharpen the blade then purchasing a new clipper.